Anuradha Bhat is an Indian playback singer who predominantly works in the Kannada film industry. She was born on December 5, 1985, in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Anuradha started her singing career at a young age and has since lent her voice to numerous hit songs in Kannada cinema.
She received widespread recognition for her song “Aalochane” from the film “Psycho” in 2020, which earned her the Karnataka State Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer. Anuradha has also been the recipient of other awards, including the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer – Kannada and the Mirchi Music Award for Best Female Singer.
Apart from singing, Anuradha is also a trained classical dancer and has performed in various shows and events. She is known for her melodious voice and has established herself as one of the leading playback singers in the Kannada film industry.
|Profession(s)||Playback Singer, Voice Artist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 161 cm
in meters– 1.61 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 3″
|Debut||• Kannada Song: “Vasantha Vasantha” from the film Meera Madhava Raghava (2007)
• Video Song: Naa Haaduve Nimagaagiye (released in November 2020)
2015: Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Chanana Chanana” from the Kannada film Ugramm
2018: Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Appa I love you pa” from the Kannada film Chowka
2022: Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Dheera Sammohagaara” from the Kannada film Bicchugatti: Chapter 1
Mirchi Music Award
|Date of Birth||23 July|
|Birthplace||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|School||Carmel School, Mangalore|
|College/University||MSNIM – Manel Srinivasa Nayak Institute of Management, Mangalore|
|Educational Qualification(s) ||• B.Sc.
|Tattoo||Heartbeat line with a music note inked on her arm
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Srikrishna Bhat (a retired mechanic)
Mother– Gayathri Srikrishna (homemaker)
|Siblings||Sister– Anupama Bhat (younger, TV anchor/actor)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anuradha Bhat
- Anuradha Bhat is an Indian playback singer, voice artist, and stage performer. She predominantly works in the Kannada Film Industry as a playback singer.
- Anuradha Bhat grew up in a middle-class family in Karnataka.
- While Anuradha Bhat was studying in the 3rd standard, she sang a song on traffic rules at her school’s annual function; she was seven years old at that time.
- Anuradha is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer; she learned the dance form from Kamala Bhat.
- Anuradha learned Carnatic classical vocal, devotional, and light music singing from Srinath Marathe.
- She learned playing the Veena from Ranganayaki Varadarajan.
- Anuradha Bhat was first noticed by the audience in a talent hunt programme, “Yedhe Thumbi Haaduvenu – Anveshane,” on ETV Kannada in which she met her idol singer Dr. S. P. Balasubrahmanyam.
- In 2005, she gave auditions for a playback singer for the Kannada film ‘Nenapirali’ following which music director Hamsalekha offered her a song.
- Anuradha Bhat began her playback singing career with the 2007 Kannada film ‘Meera Madhava Raghava’ for which she sang the song “Vasantha Vasantha” under the guidance of music director Hamsalekha.
- She has also worked with Himesh Reshammiya.
- Anuradha Bhat has worked with almost every prominent Kannada music director like Ilaiyaraja, Harikrishna, M. M. Keeravani, Manomurthy, Arjun Janya, Manisharma, Thaman, and Gurukiran.
- As a playback singer, Anuradha Bhat has sung more than 5000 songs in 16 different languages: Kannada, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Marathi, Bengali, Sanskrit, Prakrit, Kodava, Badaga, Lambaani/Banjara, Tulu, Konkani, Beary, and English. She has lent her voice to devotional, folk, Bhaavageethe, pop albums, remix songs, children’s rhymes, Ad films/jingles, and title tracks of TV shows.
- She has lent her voice to many cartoon characters, animated films, documentaries, and jingles.
- Anuradha Bhat has lent her voice to “Chinnu,” a series of Kannada rhymes – Vol. 1, 2, & 3, which is very popular among children.
- In 2016, Anuradha Bhat composed a Kannada video song “Naa Haaduve Nimagaagiye;” she also appeared in the song as an actress.
- Anuradha Bhat also appeared in the video song ‘Anuradha Bhat Mashup,” which became very popular.
- Anuradha Bhat has worked with Bollywood singer Sonu Nigam on many music albums.
- In 2022, Anuradha Bhat appeared as a judge on Zee Kannada’s popular TV reality show ‘SaReGaMaPa’ (season 18 & season 19).
- She is also known for hosting the live show “Belagu” on Doordarshan Chandana. She has hosted many more popular shows including “Aksharamaale” on Udaya TV (Sun Network)
- Anuradha has also worked at All India Radio and Doordarshan.
- She has performed at many popular events like Hampi Utsav, Mysuru Dasara, Mysore Winter Festival, Vishwa Kannada Sammelana, and Bengaluru Ganesh Utsava (BGU).
- Apart from India, Anuradha Bhat has performed in many countries including Oman, the United States, Singapore, the Netherlands (Europe), Uganda (Africa), Australia, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, and Kuwait.
- Anuradha Bhat is an ardent follower of Lord Shiva, and she often shares pictures of her visits to various places of religious importance on social media.