Édouard Philippe is a French politician and attorney who served as the Prime Minister of France from May 2017 to July 2020 under President Emmanuel Macron. Born on November 28, 1970, in Rouen, France, Philippe studied at the École nationale administration (ENA) and worked as a lawyer before entering politics. He was first elected as Mayor of Le Havre in 2010 and was re-elected in 2014.
|Real Name||Édouard Philippe|
|Party||Socialist Party (the 1990s)
Union for a Popular Movement (2002–2015)
The Republicans (2015–present)
|Political Journey||• In 2001, Philippe became the deputy mayor of Le Havre after joining Antoine Rufenacht.
• From 29 March 2004 to 18 March 2008, he was the Regional Councillor
for Upper Normandy.
• In 2008, Philippe was elected to the general council of Seine-Maritime in the canton of Le Havre-5.
• He was elected the mayor of Le Havre in 2010 after the resignation of Antoine Rufenacht and also became president of the agglomeration community of Le Havre the same year.
• After the demise of Jean-Yves Besselat, Phillippe took his position and was elected in the French legislative election of 2012 for Seine-Maritime’s 7th constituency.
• In the 2014 Municipal Elections, he was re-elected as a mayor of Le Havre with an absolute majority of 52.04% of expressed votes.
• On 15 May 2017, Philippe was appointed as Prime Minister by Emmanuel Macron, President of France.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’
|Weight||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 171 lbs
|Hair Colour||Black (semi-bald)|
|Date of Birth||28 November 1970|
|Age (as in 2016)||46 Years|
|Birth Place||Rouen, Seine-Maritime, France|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|College||Science Po, Paris, École nationale d’administration (English: National School of Administration) in France|
|Debut||In 2001 as a Deputy Mayor of Le Havre, a city in north-western France|
|Family||Father– Not Known (But His Father was a teacher)
Mother– Not Known
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Not Known
|Address||Hôtel Matignon, Paris, France|
|Hobbies||Playing Football, Squash, Tennis, Boxing, Writing Novels and Blogs|
|Favorite Politician||Michel Rocard|
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Children||Son– Not Known
Daughter– Not Known
Note- He has three children
|Salary||$200,000 per Month|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Édouard Philippe
- Before becoming a politician, Philippe was a lawyer who specialized in public law. He worked for several years at the Paris office of the international law firm Debevoise & Plimpton.
- Philippe is a fan of rock music and has played in several bands over the years, including one called “Cookie Dingler” which had a hit single in France in the 1980s.
- He is fluent in English and has a good command of German, having studied both languages at university.
- Philippe has written several books, including a novel titled “L’Heure de vérité” (The Moment of Truth) that was published in 2015.
- He is an avid fan of the soccer team Le Havre AC and was instrumental in securing funding for the club’s new stadium.
- Philippe is married and has three children.
- He is known for his love of cigars and has been seen smoking them on numerous occasions.
- Philippe was a member of the center-right Les Républicains party before joining Emmanuel Macron’s En Marche! movement in 2017.
- In 2019, he made an appearance on the French version of the cooking show “MasterChef Celebrity.”
- Philippe has a reputation for being a skilled orator and is often praised for his ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely.