Elaine Mason is a British woman who gained public attention for her marriage to the late physicist Stephen Hawking. She was born in 1959 and trained as a nurse. She worked as Stephen Hawking’s caregiver for many years, and the two of them eventually married in 1995.
|Famous For||Being the Ex-wife of Stephen Hawking|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Date of Birth||The year 1951|
|Age (as in 2018)||67 Years|
|Birth Place||United Kingdom|
|Controversy||A former caretaker of Stephen Hawking accused her of “physically and emotionally” abusing Hawking.|
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||David Mason (Engineer)
Stephen Hawking (Scientist)
|Marriage Date||16 September 1995 (with Stephen Hawking)
|Husband/Spouse||First Husband- David Mason (m. 1980 – div. 1995)
Second Husband- Stephen Hawking (m. 1995– div. 2006)
|Parents||Father– Name Not Known
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– Not Known
Sister– Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Elaine Mason
- Elaine Mason was born in the United Kingdom in 1959.
- She trained as a nurse and worked in a hospital in Cambridge, where she met Stephen Hawking.
- She and Stephen Hawking married in 1995 in a private ceremony in Cambridge.
- After their marriage, Elaine became Stephen’s primary caregiver, and she was responsible for his day-to-day care.
- Elaine was also involved in the development of the communication software that Stephen used to communicate, known as the “Equalizer.”
- Elaine and Stephen’s marriage was controversial, and some people accused Elaine of mistreating Stephen and controlling him for her benefit. However, both Elaine and Stephen denied these allegations.
- After their separation in 2006, Elaine has maintained a low profile and has not spoken publicly about her relationship with Stephen or her personal life.