Guneet Monga is a well-known Indian film producer and the founder of the film production company, Sikhya Entertainment. She has produced several critically acclaimed films and has won numerous awards for her work. In this article, we will explore Guneet Monga’s age, husband, family, biography, and more.
|Full name||Guneet Amarpreet Kaur Monga |
|Profession(s)||• Film Producer|
• CEO of Sikhya Entertainment
• Co-Founder of Indian Women Rising (a cinematic collective)
|Famous For||Producing the 2023 Oscar-winning short documentary film The Elephant Whisperers.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 160 cm|
in meters– 1.60 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg|
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Hair Colour||Medium Ash Brown|
|Debut||Film: Partition (2007)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• The Hollywood Reporter voted her as one of the top 12 achievers in the Global Entertainment industry.|
• She was enlisted among the top 50 Indians changing India by India Today.
• According to the American film magazine, Variety, Guneet Monga is one of fifty women from the entertainment industry who is doing ‘extraordinary things on the worldwide stage.’
• Her international short film “Kavi” (2009), based on bonded labour in India, won the Student Academy Award – Narrative in 2009. The film was nominated for the 2010 Academy Award for Best Live-Action Short Film.
• In July 2014, she was enlisted in the list of ’35 Achievers Under 35′ by Mid-Day.
• Monga was one of the two women to be featured in Variety’s ‘International Women’s Impact Report 2018.’
• In January 2019, GQ Magazine honored her as “Producer of The Year.”
• In October 2019, she was honored as ‘Most Powerful Women in Indian Business’ by Business Today, and ‘India’s Most Powerful Businesswomen’ by World Economic Forum.
• In December 2019, she was enlisted in the ‘Five Indian Entertainers In The Global Spotlight’ by The New Indian Express.
• Guneet Monga won the Academy Award for Best Documentary Short Subject for her short film “Period. End of Sentence” at the 91st Academy Award in 2019.
• In April 2021, Guneet Monga was honored with the second highest civilian French honour, ‘Chevalier dans I’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres’ (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters), by French Foreign Minister Jean-Yues Le Drian in Delhi.
• On 13 March 2023, she received an Oscar Award at the 95th Academy Award ceremony in the Best Documentary Short Film category. She shared the award with Kartiki Gonsalves, the director of the film.
|Date of Birth||21 November 1983 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||39 Years|
|School||Bluebells School International, New Delhi, India|
|College/University||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelors of Mass Communication |
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||12 December 2022|
|Husband/Spouse||Sunny Kapoor (fashion entrepreneur)|
|Parents||Names not known|
Note: Guneet Monga lost her patrents in 2008.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Guneet Monga
- Guneet Monga is the first Indian woman to receive an Academy Award (Oscar) for Best Documentary Short Subject for “Period. End of Sentence.” (2019).
- She was named among the 500 most influential people in the world of fashion, film, and media by the British magazine, The Guardian, in 2014.
- Guneet Monga was also listed in Forbes India’s 2018 list of women achievers.
- In 2013, she was honored with the Chevalier dans l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) by the French government.
- Guneet Monga is a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and the Producers Guild of India.
- She has also served as a jury member for several film festivals, including the Cannes Film Festival, Sundance Film Festival, and Berlin International Film Festival.
- In 2020, she launched a new initiative called “Indian Women Rising” to support and promote female talent in the Indian film industry.
- Despite facing financial difficulties early on in her career, Guneet Monga persisted and went on to become a successful film producer. She has since become an inspiration to many aspiring filmmakers in India.
Read also – Ravi Shastri Height, Age, Wife, Girlfriend, Children, Family, Biography & More
Guneet Monga is a force to be reckoned with in the Indian film industry. Her passion for storytelling and commitment to promoting diversity and inclusivity in cinema have made her an inspiration to many aspiring filmmakers. We look forward to seeing more of her work in the years to come.
What is Guneet Monga’s age?
Guneet Monga was born on 21 July 1983, which makes her 38 years old as of 2022.
Who is Guneet Monga’s husband?
Guneet Monga is married to Atul Monga, a businessman.
What movies has Guneet Monga produced?
Guneet Monga has produced several critically acclaimed and commercially successful movies, including “Gangs of Wasseypur” (2012), “The Lunchbox” (2013), “Masaan” (2015), and “Newton” (2017).
What is CAM?
CAM is a non-profit organization founded by Guneet Mong