Hamza Shahbaz is a Pakistani politician and a member of the National Assembly of Pakistan. He was born on September 6, 1974, in Lahore, Pakistan. He is the son of Shahbaz Sharif, the former Chief Minister of Punjab, and the nephew of former Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
|Full name||Mian Muhammad Hamza Shahbaz
|Famous for||Being the Chief Minister of Punjab, Pakistan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Political Party||Pakistan Muslim League (N)
|Political Ideology||Conservatism Pragmatism Pakistani Nationalism |
|Political Journey||• Hamza started his political journey in 2011 after the Pakistan Muslim League (N) selected him as the general secretary of Punjab.
• He contested the 2008 Pakistan general election as an independent candidate but lost.
• In 2008, he was elected to the National Assembly of Pakistan as a candidate for the Pakistan Muslim League (N).
• In the 2013 Pakistan general election, he was re-elected to the National Assembly as a candidate of PML-N.
• In the 2018 Pakistan general election, he was re-elected to the National Assembly as a candidate of PML-N.
• In the 2018 Pakistan general election, he was also elected to the Provincial Assembly of Punjab as a candidate of PML-N.
• On 13 August 2018, he was nominated for the office of Chief Minister of Punjab by PML-N, but could not win.
• On 25 August 2018, he was nominated as the opposition leader in Punjab Assembly by the PML-N. He was appointed as the Leader of the Opposition in the Punjab Assembly on 6 September 2018.
• On 16 April 2022, he was elected as the Chief Minister of the Provincial Assembly of Punjab.
• He is also serving as the Vice President of the Pakistan Muslim League (N) since May 2019.
|Date of Birth||6 September 1974 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||48 Years|
|School||Aitchison College, Lahore|
|College/University||• Government College University, Lahore (GCUL)
• London School of Economics and Political Science, England
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Laws |
|Ethnicity||Bhat Kashmiri tribe|
|Address||H #41, S Block Lahore, Post Office DHA Lahore Cantt|
|Controversies||• Money Laundering Case:
On 11 June 2019, he was arrested by the National Accountability Bureau over corruption charges. He was arrested in two cases regarding money laundering and holding assets beyond means. • Illegal transaction of money:
In 2021, Hamza and his father Shehbaz were arrested by Federal Investigation Agency which alleged that Rs. 16.3 bn were transacted through 28 benami accounts. The agency also claimed that eleven employees of the Sharif group were used for the transaction of this money. 
• Sugar Scandal Case:
• Marriage with Ayesha Ahad:
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||• Mehrunissah Hamza
• Ayesha Ahad (m. 2010)
• Rabia Hamza (m. 2012)
|Children||Daughter- Samawiyah Hamza|
|Parents||Father– Shehbaz Sharif (politician)
|Siblings||Brother– Suleman Shahbaz (former CEO of Sharif Group)
• Rabia Imran
• Khadija Shehbaz
• Javeria Shahbaz Sharif
|Assets/Properties (as of 2018)||Rs 411 million |
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hamza Shahbaz
- He is a trained pilot: Hamza Shahbaz is a trained pilot and has a commercial pilot’s license. He received his pilot training in the United States.
- He is a sports enthusiast: Hamza Shahbaz is a sports enthusiast and is particularly interested in cricket. He is known to have played cricket at the district level in Punjab.
- He has been involved in philanthropic activities: Hamza Shahbaz has been involved in several philanthropic activities, including the establishment of a charity organization called the Sharif Trust. The organization is involved in providing education and healthcare facilities to the underprivileged in Pakistan.
- He is a prolific reader: Hamza Shahbaz is known to be a prolific reader and has a vast collection of books. He is particularly interested in history, politics, and literature.
- He is a family man: Hamza Shahbaz is married and has three children. He is known to be a devoted family man and spends a lot of time with his family.
- He has a strong social media presence: Hamza Shahbaz is active on social media and has a strong presence on platforms like Twitter and Facebook. He uses social media to connect with his constituents and to share his views on various issues.
- He has been involved in several developmental projects: Hamza Shahbaz has been involved in several developmental projects in Punjab, including the construction of roads, bridges, and hospitals. He is known for his efforts to improve the infrastructure in Punjab.