Punjab cadre IPS officer Kuldeep Singh Chahal said that he was not aware of any charges of “misconduct” levelled against him.
|Profession||Police Officer (IPS)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 177 cm
in meters– 1.77 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Police Medal for Gallantry (2018)
• DG Commendation Disc (2018)
|Date of Birth||Year: 1981|
|Age (as in 2020)||39 Years|
|Hometown||Village – Ujhana|
|College/University||• Kurukshtra University (BA)
• Panjab University (MA)
|Educational Qualification||MA (History)|
|Controversies||• In 2018, Manisha Gulati, a Chairperson of Punjab State Women’s Commission accused Mohali SSP Kuldeep Chahal of disrespecting and abusing when she called him to inquire about the status of a sexual harassment case. 
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Father– Sadhu Ram
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– Suresh Kumar (Professor)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kuldeep Singh Chahal
- Kuldeep Chahal studied in government Hindi medium schools while living in his village. Kuldeep has been a hard-working person since childhood, coming from a family of farmers he had to work in the fields and squeeze out time for studies.
- After getting a BA degree from Kurukshetra University, Kuldeep moved to Panchkula with his elder brother Suresh Kumar and pursued MA in History along with preparing for govt exams. In 2006 Kuldeep passed the recruitment process and got selected as an ASI in Chandigarh Police. But the struggle didn’t stop here, the boy from a small village had higher aspirations, now he wanted to crack the civil services exam. The journey from ASI to IPS was not at all easy, he spent whatever time he got with his books. Kuldeep burnt the midnight oil and finished at 82nd rank in the civil services examination in his third attempt.
- Chahal has gunned down a few big named gangsters of Punjab. From Shera Khubban’s encounter in 2012 to eliminating gangster Lawrence Bishnoi’s close aide Ankit Bhaddu, the fearless cop is known to lead from the front in challenging police operations.
- Owing to the continuous life threats from gangsters, Kuldeep has been allotted a Bulletproof SUV by Punjab Government.
- Along with doing government duty, Kuldeep is also engaged in several social welfare initiatives.
He is also associated with a local NGO, Prayas Seva Samiti. The NGO runs with objectives of flourishing the environment, maintaining the cleanliness in the surroundings, and promoting sports-related activities. Prayas Seva Samiti has planted 16000 trees in their village till 2019.
- The supercop believes in keeping himself fit, he is an inspiration for the youth. His Facebook Page is followed by more than 3 lakh people.