Manjusha Neogi was an Indian television actress. She was best known for her role as “Anjali” in the serial “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii”. Neogi died on 9 March 2020 due to a heart attack. She was survived by her husband and two children. Manjusha was born on 4 January 1978 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh to a Brahmin family. She completed her schooling from Army Public School and went on to complete a B.Com degree from St. Theresa’s College, Lucknow.
Manjusha Neogi was an Indian television actress who is best known for her portrayal of the character “Sohini” in the popular television series “Katha Sagar”. Neogi was born on October 5, 1976 in Kolkata, India. She died on June 6, 2019 at the age of 42. Neogi was survived by her husband, Sudipto Chatterjee, and their two children.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm|
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 6’ 5”
|Date of Birth||3 January 1996 (Wednesday)|
|Date of Death||25 May 2022|
|Place of Death||At her Kolkata residence in the city’s Patuli area.|
|Age (at the time of death)||26 Years|
|Death Cause||Suicide |
|School||Harimati Devi Uchchatara Madhyamik Bohumukhi Balika Vidyalaya, Garia, Kolkata|
|College/University||Dinabandhu Andrews College, Kolkata, India|
|Educational Qualification||Studied Bio Sciences at Dinabandhu Andrews College (2012-2017) |
|Religion/Religious Views||Hindu |
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage Date||2 February 2022|
|Husband/Spouse||Ramnath Ashish Banerjee|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||Brother– Name Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manjusha Neogi
- Manjusha Neogi was an Indian actress and model.
- She was passionate about modelling since childhood and started participating in modelling events at a very young age.
- The model was found dead at family her residence in Kolkata’s Patuli area on 25 May 2022. The well-known figure in bridal make-up shoots, was discovered hanging from a ceiling fan when neighbors smashed through the door to her leased flat in the Nagerbazar neighbourhood. According to the investing police officer,
At 7.30 am today, a report was received at Patuli police station that a 26-year-old married woman had committed suicide by hanging in Vaishnavghat Colony. In the morning when her aunt opened the door, They found Manjusha hanging from the fan. With the help of police, her body was removed from there and taken to the hospital, where she was declared dead. After investigation it was found that Manjusha Niyogi got married in November 2021 She had a good relationship with her husband Ramnath Ashish Banerjee. She was staying at her parents’ house for a few days now. She said that after preliminary investigation, no link was found between the three suicides.”https://youtu.be/pXVwVssEdvc
- Model’s mother claimed that she was suffering from acute depression after the death of her friend De Majumdar. Manjusha and Bidisha were friends for the past three years and had worked together in small roles in Bengali TV serials. her mother said,
She was extremely upset and acutely depressed after hearing about Bidisha’s death, and would often say that Bidisha had gone to a better place. I would do the same, Manjusha had said after Bidisha’s death.”She also added,On Wednesday, my son-in-law had come here to pick her up, but she wanted to stay with us for some more time. There was no issue between them. My son-in-law would even tell my daughter to quit modelling as he earns well, but she used to tell him that modelling was her passion. My son-in-law never objected to her work.”
- On 2 Feburary 2022, she tied the knot with her husband Ramnath, a resident of Behala. Ramnath is a photographer and met the late actress during work. Ramnath saved her after she attempted suicide two and a half months ago. Ramnath Banerjee addressed the media, saying,
I would have taken a different approach if I had known she was going to make an extreme decision. She was a hardworking girl but used to stay depressed due to lack of projects. I tried to convince her too”
- A friend from the industry said that Manjusha Neogi was suffering from depression for a long time now. He also said that Bidisha’s death was not a reason for her suicide as she already had attempted suicid once two months ago before Bidisha’s death. She said,
She had even attempted suicide about two and a half months ago when Bidisha was alive. So, how can Bidisha’s death be the reason behind her suicide? This means that she had suicidal tendencies and her family should have been conscious about it.”
- Manjusha went to the shoot on Thursday despite her mental state, according to her family. She ate her favourite jaggery shrimp after arriving home. Manjusha’s mother reported that her daughter afterwards discussed suicide. Manjusha’s mother said that she chastised the model for doing so.
- Meanwhile, older artists such as Rachna Banerjee, Bhaswar Chatterjee, and actress-MP Nusrat Jahan have spoken out against the tragic deaths of three young actors and the likely cause. While a handful of these artists cited ‘overachievement,’ ‘lifestyle,’ and ‘too much luxury’ as important concerns, many performers have opened up about the ‘dark side’ of entertainment that appears gorgeous from the outside.”