Nivedita Bhattacharya is an Indian actress known for her work in television, film, and theatre. She was born on July 21, 1970, in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Nivedita started her career in theatre and worked with renowned theatre directors like Alyque Padamsee and Feroz Abbas Khan. She made her film debut with the critically acclaimed movie “Shahid” in 2012, where she played the role of Shahid Azmi’s mother. She has also acted in other notable films like “Airlift,” “Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi,” and “Raazi.”Apart from films, Nivedita has also worked extensively in television and has appeared in popular shows like “Kumkum,” “Kasautii Zindagii Kay,” “Ek Veer Ki Ardaas… Veera,” and “Savdhaan India.”Nivedita has received several awards for her performances, including Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the Indian Television Academy Awards and Best Actress in a Negative Role at the Indian Telly Awards.
|Real Name||Nivedita Bhattacharya|
|Famous Role||Urvashi Singh in the TV serial ‘Saat Phere: Saloni Ka Safar’ (2006-2009)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 158 cm
in meters– 1.58 m
in feet inches– 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 50 kg
in pounds– 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||21 December 1970|
|Age (as in 2017)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College||Isabella Thoburn College, Lucknow|
|Debut||Film: Kya Kehna (2000)
TV: Kya Baat Hai (1997)
|Hobbies||Traveling, Doing Yoga|
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Affair/Boyfriend||Kay Kay Menon (Actor)|
|Marriage Date||15 March 2005|
|Husband/Spouse||Kay Kay Menon (Actor)
|Parents||Father– Name Not Known
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– Vicky Bhattacharya
Sister– Not Known
|Favorite Food||Vada Pav|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nivedita Bhattacharya
- Nivedita Bhattacharya is the daughter of renowned Bengali theatre personality, Bibhas Chakraborty.
- She started her career as a theatre actress and has worked with directors like Alyque Padamsee, Feroz Abbas Khan, and Sunil Shanbag.
- Nivedita is married to actor and director Kay Kay Menon, and the couple has a son named Shaurya.
- She made her film debut with the critically acclaimed movie “Shahid” in 2012, where she played the role of Shahid Azmi’s mother.
- Nivedita has acted in several television shows, including “Kumkum,” “Kasautii Zindagii Kay,” “Ek Veer Ki Ardaas… Veera,” and “Savdhaan India.”
- She has also acted in regional language films, including Bengali and Marathi.
- In addition to acting, Nivedita is also a trained dancer and has performed in various dance productions.
- She has won several awards for her performances, including Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the Indian Television Academy Awards and Best Actress in a Negative Role at the Indian Telly Awards.
- Nivedita is a philanthropist and has worked with various NGOs to support causes like child education and women’s empowerment.
- She is active on social media and often shares glimpses of her personal and professional life with her followers.