Shahbaz Ahmed is an Indian cricketer who hails from West Bengal. He was born on December 12, 1994, in Medinipur, West Bengal, India. Shahbaz is a left-arm spinner and a handy lower-order batsman. He made his first-class cricket debut for Bengal in the 2018-19 Ranji Trophy season.
|International Debut||ODI– 9 October 2022 against South Africa at JSCA International Stadium Complex
Test– Did not play
T20– Did not play
|Jersey Number||#21 (IPL)|
|Domestic/State Team||Bengal, India A & Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Batting Style||Left-hand bat|
|Bowling Style||Slow left-arm orthodox|
|Date of Birth||12 December 1994 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||28 Years|
|Relationships & More|
|Cricketer(s)||Batsman– MS Dhoni 
Bowler– Ravindra Jadeja 
|Cricket Ground||Eden Gardens |
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shahbaz Ahmed
- Shahbaz Ahmed hails from a small village in Medinipur, West Bengal.
- He started playing cricket at the age of 7 and was coached by his father.
- Apart from cricket, Shahbaz was also interested in football and played as a midfielder in his school team.
- He made his first-class debut for Bengal in the 2018-19 Ranji Trophy season and has since become a regular member of the team.
- In the IPL 2020, Shahbaz was picked by the Royal Challengers Bangalore for his base price of Rs. 20 lakhs. He played a crucial role in RCB’s campaign, taking 8 wickets in 11 matches and contributing with the bat as well.
- Shahbaz is a left-arm spinner and a handy lower-order batsman. He is known for his accuracy and ability to generate turn-on pitches that offer assistance to spinners.
- He has also represented India at the Under-23 level and was a part of the team that won the ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup in 2019.
- Shahbaz is an ardent fan of former Indian cricketer Sourav Ganguly and considers him his idol.
- He is also known for his dedication to fitness and follows a strict diet and workout routine.
- Shahbaz has a tattoo of a cricket ball and stumps on his left bicep, which signifies his love for the sport.