Shaun Marsh is a former Australian cricketer who played as a left-handed opening batsman. He was born on July 9, 1983, in Narrogin, Western Australia, and made his debut for the Australian cricket team in 2008.
|Real Name||Shaun Edward Marsh|
|Nickname||Marshy, Sos (Son of Swampy) and Salt|
|Profession||Australian Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 42 Inches
– Waist: 34 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|International Debut||Test– 8 September 2011 vs Sri Lanka in Pallekele
ODI– 24 June 2008 vs West Indies in Kingstown
T20– 20 June 2008 vs West Indies in Bridgetown
#14, 20(IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team||Australia, Glamorgan, Kings XI Punjab, Perth Scorchers, Western Australia|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Likes to play against||India and South Africa|
|Favourite Shot||Cover drive|
|Records (main ones)||• Highest scorer in IPL 1 of 2008 woth 616 runs.
• He was the 4th highest scorer (317 runs) in the Under-19 squad that won the World Cup in 2002.
• He scored a century on his Test debut against Sri Lanka in Pallekele.
• He scored 81 runs on his ODI debut against West Indies in Kingstown.
• Shaun and his brother Mitchell are the first brothers to play Test for Australia since Mark and Steve Waugh who last time played in 2002.
|Career Turning Point||Century against the strong New South Wales team in a Sheffield Shield match in 2003 after which even Steve Waugh praised him.|
|Date of Birth||9 July 1983|
|Age (as in 2017)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||Narrogin, Western Australia, Australia|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Perth, Western Australia, Australia|
|College||Wesley College, Perth|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father– Geoff Marsh (Former cricketer)
Mother– Michelle Marsh
Brother– Mitchell Marsh (Younger, Cricketer)
Sister– Melissa Marsh (Younger)
|Controversies||• He and Luke Pomersbach were suspended from their state side after a night out in 2007.
• He and his brother Mitchell were dropped from the Perth Scorchers side during the 2012 Champions League T20 in 2012 after they went out to celebrate Mitchell’s birthday.
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman: Steve Waugh
Bowler: Shane Warne
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Rebecca O’Donovan (Journalist)|
|Wife||Rebecca O’Donovan (Journalist)
Some lesser known facts about Shaun Marsh
- Does Shaun Marsh smoke?: No
- Does Shaun Marsh drink alcohol?: Yes
- Shaun belongs to a sporting family as his father Geoff Marsh was an Australia cricketer of the 80s, his younger brother Mitchell Marsh is a talented Australian all-rounder and his younger sister Melissa was a Women’s National Basketball League player.
- His father was denoted with the name Swampy, and being his son he is called Son of Swampy.
- He used to travel a lot with his father Geoff, when he used to play for Australia.
- Luckily, he received his Test cap on his debut from his father Geoff during Australia’s tour of Sri Lanka in 2011.
- He scored 141 runs in his Test debut against Sri Lanka in Pallekele.
- IPL 1 in 2008 proved to be a breakthrough in his cricketing career as he turned out to be the highest scorer in that year’s IPL with 616 runs.
- In IPL, he played for the same team for 9 consecutive seasons (Kings XI Punjab, 2008-2016).
- He was mainly in and out of the Australian team not mainly due to his performances, but injuries.