Son, also known as Son Heung-min, is a South Korean professional football player who is widely recognized for his exceptional skills on the field. He has made a name for himself in the international football arena, having played for various clubs and the South Korean national team. In this article, we will delve into the details of Son’s height, weight, age, biography, family, affairs, facts, and more.
|Full Name||Son Heung-min|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 183 cm
in meters– 1.83 m
in feet inches– 6’ 0”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 75 kg
in pounds– 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||38-32-15|
|Eye Colour||Black 1|
|Debut||International Football– 30 December 2010 for South Korea
Club Football– July 2010 for Hamburger SV
|Jersey Number||# 7 (South Korea)
# 7 (Tottenham Hotspur)
|Teams Playing For||South Korea, Tottenham Hotspur|
|Current Coaches||Mauricio Pochettino, Shin Tae-yong|
|Awards/Honours/Achievements||• AFC International Footballer of the Year- 2015, 2017
• KFA Footballer of the Year- 2013, 2014, 2017
• AFIE Player of the Year- 2014
|Career Turning Point||2016-2017 season with Tottenham Hotspur|
|Date of Birth||8 July 1992|
|Age (as in 2017)||25Years|
|Birthplace||Chuncheon, South Korea|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|School||Dongbuk High School|
|Educational Qualification||High School|
|Girls, Affairs & More|
|Girlfriend||Yoo So-young (2015-Present)
Mother– Eun Ja Kil
|Siblings||Brother– Heung-yun Son
|Favorite Food(s)||Korean Rice, Korean Barbeque|
|Favorite Footballer||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|Favorite Music||Korean Music, Hip-Hop|
|Cars Collection||Ferrari, BMW|
|Salary (approx.)||$2 Million (₹13.5 Crore)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$20 Million (₹135 Crore)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Son
- Does Son smoke?: No
- Does Son drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born into a family of footballers, his father was a professional footballer and coach.
- His family used to live in New Zealand but returned to South Korea when he was just 3 years old.
- At the age of 18, he scored in his debut game in Bundesliga against FC Köln.
- In his childhood, he was a Manchester United fan as his South Korean legend Park Ji-Sung and his favorite player Cristiano Ronaldo were playing there.
- He dropped out of high school less than a year after joining.
- At the age of 16, he joined Hamburger SV’s youth academy.
- On 30 October 2010, his goal against FC Köln made him the youngest player in Hamburg’s history to score a goal in Bundesliga.
- Son was an integral part of the South Korean Team participating in the 2011 AFC Asia Cup.
- Son scored his first International goal in the tournament against India, handing his team a 4-1 victory.
- On 3 June 2013, he joined Bayer Leverkusen.
- On 9 November 2013, he scored his first hat trick for his team, and that too against his former side Hamburgers SV.
- He was also part of the South Korean squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- On 28 August 2015, he marked his presence in the Premier League by joining Tottenham Hotspur on a 5-year contract.
- At the start of the 2016-2017 Season, he had thought of leaving the club as he wasn’t getting much playing time; but in the end, he decided to stay and earn his place in the team.
- With consistent performances, he soon became a favorite of Spurs fans and a go-to man for Mauricio Pochettino.
Q: What is Son’s height?
A: Son stands at a height of 6 feet (183 cm) tall.
Q: What is Son’s weight?
A: Son weighs around 77 kg (170 lbs).
Q: How old is Son?
A: Son was born on July 8, 1992. As of 2023, he is 30 years old.
Q: What is Son’s nationality?
A: Son is a South Korean national.
Q: What is Son’s position in football?
A: Son plays as a forward for Tottenham Hotspur and the South Korean national team.
Q: What is Son’s full name?
A: Son’s full name is Son Heung-min.
Q: Where was Son born?
A: Son was born in Chuncheon, Gangwon Province, South Korea.
Q: What are some of Son’s notable achievements?
A: Son has won several awards and accolades throughout his football career, including the AFC Asian International Player of the Year award in 2015 and 2019, the Tottenham Hotspur Player of the Year award in 2018 and 2020, and the Premier League Player of the Month award in November 2016 and April 2017.